IBTI Covid-19 Update
So how is life at IBTI adapting to the constant changes and challenges facing us all?
First of all, we thank God that we have 40 students from seven European countries and although we had a delayed start to enable quarantining it was only by one month.
Life is similar to other years in some ways but quite different in others. Lectures, chapel services, exams and normal duties which keep the curriculum and college life functioning are still happening.
However, because of restrictions everything is taking place in house. Church attendance, trips out and interaction with the world outside IBTI are affected so there have been adjustments to help with this including external lecturers once again zooming in for their classes.
There is still some uncertainty about exactly what the rest of the year will look like but we continue to declare with the psalmist “God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble.” Ps 46:1.
Our God hasn’t changed so we continue to fulfil the purpose and vision he has called us to – that of preparing young people to serve him.
IBTI COVID guidelines and measures
- Students are encouraged to maintain social distancing in all areas.
All students, staff and visitors must wear facial coverings in all indoor common spaces. Masks are also encouraged outdoors.
- Staff and students must rigorously practice proper hand hygiene.
REGULAR CLEANING AND SANITIZING
- Cleaning and sanitation are carried out daily in all public areas such as bathrooms, classrooms, library, IT Room, students and staff lounges, chapel etc.
- Students’ rooms and bathrooms are cleaned on a regular basis.
ONLY ESSENTIAL VISITOR
- Only essential visitors are allowed on campus and strict safety protocol is observed.
QUARANTINE FACILITIES AVAILABLE
- Students who have tested positive or who are presumed positive will be asked to isolate in designated rooms on campus.
- Students in quarantine will not attend class in-person or attend live on-campus activities. They can continue to attend class remotely during regular class times.
- Meals will be delivered to the room of quarantined students.
- Attendance in class is expected; however, students will be provided alternative options if they are unable to attend due to illness or quarantine. For this purpose IBTI classrooms are equipped with technology to live stream class lectures.
IBTI COVID-19 INFORMATION
The International Bible Training College (IBTI) is following the news about coronavirus and is keeping up to date with the information and guidance provided by the UK government and Public Health England.
In all our practices, we are following the official guidelines laid out in the documents below: