What it’s about
The certificate in Applied Theology is a one-year introductory course designed to help individuals to serve more effectively. The programme’s varied activities provide a solid platform from which to explore one’s strengths and weaknesses and to facilitate the discovery of specific gifts and ways of putting them to use.
This course is awarded with an IBTI Certificate in Applied Theology.
This one-year course is the same as the first year of the two-year Diploma Course in Applied Theology, so it is possible to decide, towards the end of this course, to transfer to the two-year Diploma Course.
Having successfully completed the course, you will be able to:
- Exercise personal responsibilities.
- Use spiritual disciplines in a ministry context.
- Effectively communicate both orally and in writing.
- Minister to people of different cultures and religions.
- Convey the contemporary and personal relevance of the biblical text.
- Understand human experience from a Christian perspective.
COSTSAt the IBTI we only charge for board and lodging so that those who have limited means and want to study here have the opportunity to do so.
- Accommodation is included
- Food is included
- Laundry is included
- Internet access is included
- Transport is not included
- Additional expenses are not included
Before the academic year starts, students with little knowledge of English have the opportunity to attend an intensive seven-day language course.
Also, during the year, students have the opportunity to study English depending on their language needs.
MORE INFORMATION ON APPLICATION
Join us and experience what you were made for!
Your future starts now. Apply today to start your journey into all that God has for you right here at IBTI.
- Only those who DO NOT need a Visa to come to the United Kingdom may apply, as the IBTI is not on the Government’s Register of Sponsors (Tier 4).
- Before applying for any of our courses, please make sure that you have read, understood and agree to abide by the IBTI Code of Conduct.
- Download and complete the PDF forms using the ‘Fill & Sign’ tool in Adobe Reader DC.
My year at IBTI was one where I learned on various levels. The fact that we started every morning with worship was for me an amazing way to start the day. I have experienced God’s presence very strongly at IBTI and I see IBTI as the channel through which God was shaping me that year both spiritually as well as in my character. I was shaped by the daily worship and quiet times in my relationship with God. Through teaching and the contact with teachers I was shaped in theological ways. By stepping out in ministry through evangelism and testifying I was shaped in my ministry skills. By living in a community I learned about other cultures and how to share my life with others. Overall a very special year where God invested in my Christian foundations from where I can move on now in my ministry.