The IBTI runs a two-year course in Applied Theology starting in October and ending in late June or early July. Although we strongly recommend doing the full course, there is the option for students to do only the first year.
Students who successfully complete two years are awarded an IBTI Diploma in Applied Theology, while those who successfully complete only one year are awarded an IBTI Certificate in Applied Theology.
Our courses are accredited by NCFE which is recognised as an Awarding Organisation by the qualification regulators for England, Wales and Northern Ireland. The regulators are the Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation (Ofqual) in England, the Welsh Government and the Council for the Curriculum, Examinations and Assessment (CCEA) in Northern Ireland.
Within the two-year course a number of subjects have been selected to be included in a Customised Award accredited by NCFE and leading to a Certificate of Achievement accredited by NCFE. This Certificate in Applied Theology represents 1200 guided learning hours and the measurable learning outcomes have been benchmarked at Level 4 (using Ofqual’s Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF) level descriptors), allowing applicants to consider the depth of study, difficulty, and level of achievement involved.
It should be noted that Customised Awards, though accredited, are considered by Ofqual as non-regulated because they are bespoke courses and are not on the Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF).
Our Bible college also offers a Missional Leadership Course (six months from January to July) which is accredited by NCFE as a Customised Award at Level 4, with 436 guided learning hours. Participants who successfully complete this course will receive a Certificate of Achievement accredited by NCFE in Missional Leadership and an IBTI Certificate in Missional Leadership. It is important to note that this course is open only to people who are already involved in ministry. Also it is a course that non-EU students can consider via the student visitor visa route.
We have designed our courses specifically to meet the needs of learners so that they are able to use their knowledge and skills in their Christian ministry.
International Bible Training Institute is accredited at Premier status by Accreditation Service for International Schools, Colleges and Universities (ASIC) for its commendable areas of operation. ASIC is an independent body providing accreditation services for independent, further and higher education colleges.
ASIC accreditation helps students and parents make a more informed choice and will also help a school, college, university, training provider or distance education provider, demonstrate to the international student body that they are a high quality institution.
Since August 2014 the IBTI appears also on the ASIC list of “Premiere Colleges”. The college has been awarded commendable grades in the following:
A. Premises and Health & Safety
B. Management and Staff Resources
C. Learning and Teaching; Course Delivery
D. Quality Assurance and Enhancement
E. Student Welfare
G. Marketing and Recruitment
Tuition is free.
At this Bible college, we only charge for board and lodging, so that those who have limited means and want to study at IBTI have the opportunity to do so.
The charge for board and lodging in the year 2017/18 is £3750. This covers accommodation, food, laundry and internet access.
The following are our requirements regarding the payment of board and lodging:
- Charge is payable in advance, either by term or by session.
- If students should fall behind in those payments, arrangements must be made promptly with the college as to how to resolve the situation.
- No student will be allowed to enter the second year of studies until the first year charges are fully paid.
- Students still owing payment at the time of Graduation will have their Diploma or Certificate withheld by the college until full payment has been made.
Before the academic year starts, students with little knowledge of English have the opportunity to attend a three-week intensive language course. The charge for the English course is £100.
Applied Theology Course
If you wish to apply for our One or Two-Year Course in Applied Theology, please download the Application and the Testimony & Calling form and follow the instructions on them.
Please note that only those who DO NOT need a Visa to come to the United Kingdom may apply, as the IBTI is not on the government’s Register of Sponsors (Tier 4).
Code of Conduct
- The IBTI requires the highest standard of behaviour between students and staff, and a Christian submission to those in authority.
- Relationships among people of opposite gender are required to be as friendly as any other, but must not develop into any sort of courtship or special friendship during the academic year. It is not allowed to enter dormitories of the opposite gender or be alone in secluded places.
- Private arrangements between students and Church members or leaders (whether social, financial, etc) must not be made without permission.
- Financial transactions such as opening of credit accounts, applying for loans etc. need to be authorized by the College first.
- Contraventions of any of the rules will have serious consequences which may even result in instant expulsion.